March 2, 2009

Precious Friends

In my 29 years on this earth, I have experienced more blessings than a lot of people have in their whole lives. I have so many things to be thankful for. One of those things is some of the most amazing friends a girl could ask for. Some of those friends and I went to visit Scott Attebery (here and here) this past weekend. He didn't know we were coming so he was a bit surprised (and confused) to see us all sitting in his vehicle in the Wal-Mart parking lot! Ha ha!! We got to visit, laugh, share memories, cry, re-live some great times, and just have the best time ever! It was a great opportunity to minister and to be ministered to! Here is a picture of the whole "family." This is Bryce! Can you believe how big he's gotten?!?!

And of course, we all had to get our picture made with him.
God is amazing! He is in control. He blesses his children, and He is faithful to those who seek him. God has been and will be glorified through the death of Jill Attebery - which is absolutely, wholeheartedly what she would have wanted. It's what she wanted in her life on this earth - even more so in her death. She was an amazing person. A friend. A sister. A wife. A mom. A Christian. She left an incredible legacy on this earth. Just ask anyone who knew her. I am blessed to have known her. I am also blessed to have this group of friends who will help me remember her forever. One of Jill's favorite verses was Job 1:21 - Naked I came from my mother's womb; and naked shall I return there. The Lord gave, and the Lord has taken away. Blessed be the name of the Lord.






4 comments:

Crystal said...

What a blessing!

O'Dell Family said...

The pictures you took on the trip were amazing! Great job! Little Bryce is a doll!

Anita said...

Thanks for these pics!! He's precious, and I know we will all enjoy watching him grow up!! Sweet pics and such a sweet post!

Paige said...

I must agree with you lindsey. The friends I made during that season of my life are by far the best in this world. The Godly cousel and love that each has given over the years along with a thousand memories of sheer joy will never be taken for granted and I would never ever trade anything for them.

You are one of those my dear Lindsey! Thank you for all the memories you are a treasured friend!