October 28, 2008

Weekend Update

Hello all! I have had a crazy past week/weekend!!! I feel like I've been going non-stop since last Tuesday. Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday I spent in Eureka Springs with my boss at a Financial Aid conference. (for those of you who don't know, my day job is a financial aid officer at a small college here in Conway) At the conference, we took part in a fund raiser which was a pumpkin carving contest. We took first prize with the "throw up pumpkin" as every called it. It was one of those where you carve a sick face then take all the gross guts from the inside of the pumpkin and string it out the mouth to look like vomit - very 12 year old boy, we know. But hey! We won!
Friday night, after I got home, I baked up some yummy homemade chex mix and headed over to my friend Laura's house for our 2nd annual pumpkin carving party/contest. We had lots of yummy goodies, and once again, my pumpkin took first place!! Yay!! I'm getting to be a professional.
Saturday, I got the opportunity to shoot Bryce and Autumn's wedding. I got some super fun shots from that day that I will be posting soon.
Until then, check out some pics from Laura's house, Friday night.


Laura is a whiz in the kitchen! She made up all of these yummy Halloween themed snacks for us! This first one is Peanutbutter Eyeballs! You make peanut butter balls, dip them in white chocolate, top them with an eye-colored M&M and then take red icing to make the bloodshot look.


Below are 2 of my favorites! The first one (on the left) are Ghost cookies. They are made from a Nutterbutter cookie, dipped in white chocolate with mini-chocolate chip eyes. The other treats are "Melted Witches." I had never seen these before, but they are adorable!! First, you dip a Bugle chip (does everyone remember bugles??) in chocolate. While it's wet, stick it on top of an Oreo. Melt a little pile of white chocolate chips to make the puddle, and lay the "hat" onto it while it's still wet. The broom is made from a pretzel stick and dyed yellow coconut. Who would have thought?! So cute!!

And I'm pretty sure I hate like 6 of these or something....well, ok, maybe not six but several. These are "Mummies on a Stick" made from hot dogs wrapped in a crescent roll. Super yum!Here is the beginnings of my award winning Jack-O-Lantern. I don't really care for the smell, but I sort of like digging the guts out of the pumpkin! LOL!!!And, here it is, all finished!
I hope you all have a super fun and safe Halloween!!! Make some of those yummy treats for your kiddos! They will love it!!!




3 comments:

Sisters said...

Laura needs to go on Food Network -Paula's Party and show off her treats!
AJL

Cari said...

LOVE the cute food!! I am inspired..thanks for sharing!

Paige said...

Thanks for the ideas. Have a party friday night and I know exactly what I'm going to do!