February 13, 2009

Happy Valentine's Day!

Regardless of the fact that TODAY is Friday the 13th - I mean, really.....is it THAT unlucky?! Tomorrow is Valentine's Day! And, even though it is sort of a made up holiday that gives people an excuse to spend excessive amounts of money on flowers, cards, romantic dinners out, and candy and then gives them an excuse to EAT all that candy, I love it! I know, I know....some of you are probably thinking, "Lindsey, how can you possibly like Valentine's day? You're single!" (i'm single, not unloved, ok, people!) But, I really do love it! Now, I don't want to spend it around a bunch of lovey dovey gross couples, but I it's such a fun day. I love that everything is draped in red or pink. I love fun cards and e-cards with hearts all over them! I love flowers. I love hugging people I love. So, I just wanted to wish you all a HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY!!!

And, for a little visual snack, I thought I would include some fun pics of my college Alma Mater's Homecoming from last weekend. My niece and one of my nephews were the crown and ball carriers for the ceremony. The other nephew was "back up" in case BK decided he wasn't going to do it. LOL! Here are he and Cerra Cathryn walking with the president of CBC and last year's homecoming queen. They did so good!!!!!!
Brantley ended up going through with it, so Ethan was VERY relieved - and very bored as you can tell by his face in this picture!
And here are 2 friends who are dear to my heart! I don't get to see them as much as I'd like, but I still love them very much! Nick and Crystal and I used to work together on a ministry team (we are all alums of CBC, but didn't all go there at the same time). That small team was like a little family for so many years, and we are all still very close! Love you guys!! :)

2 comments:

Sisters said...

I loved your V Day card!
AJL

Christina Anderson said...

What cute kids ---and a beautiful sister!!! I hope your valentines day was super!! I am one of those who loves you TONS!!!! You are the best sister and friend a girl could ask for!