December 12, 2008

Just in case you've ever wondered.....

...what the difference is in a "well taken photo" and a professionally taken and edited photo, here are some examples. I know that sometimes people tend to think "Why pay someone to take my pictures when I can just do it myself? Or have my family member do it?" And, to a point, you are right. If you want some fun candids of your kids running around the house or your fun family vacation, get yourself a good quality camera and take some! However, if you want a good quality portrait to keep forever, that is worth paying a little money for. I just wanted to post a few pictures for you to see the difference. My sister took these for me! (I hope to have some up on my blog soon for my header!) I have posted each picture "as is", edited in color and edited in black and white.







See the difference?

7 comments:

'The H Family' said...

that is amazing!!! you're like a magician...so glad that we have our own professional photographer like YOU!!! goodness knows i need all the help i can get...we're so thankful for you and your amazing pics!! love you!

Sisters said...

You are so talented and SUPER cute in that black hat.
AJL

Cari said...

This is a neat idea!!! Very helpful to see!

Kelli Stuart said...

How ironic - I was thinking of doing a post just like this. Especially now that I'm rockin'
CS3! Fun post, great editing, and you look totally adorable, btw. I'm completely LOVIN' the hat!

Paige said...

not to mention that you get to spend some wonderful quality time with Lindzer! that's the best part for sure and totally worth it!

Unknown said...

glad you all liked the post. i've been wanting to do it for a while, but wasn't sure how it would go over. :) and thanks for all the compliments on the hat. i was also somewhat hesitant about that! :)

Rachel Cox said...

wow - i looooooove this post! What a wonderful thing to show the difference! Man it really is huge! Thanks Lindsey!